Welcome to Go Dog Go Cafe’s Haibun Wednesday!
What exactly is Haibun?
In his old age Basho, who may be credited with establishing the haiku form, undertook a long journey to the remote regions of northern Japan, fully expecting to die before completing it. He did complete the journey, and his record of it has become a classic of world literature and an example, in the broadest sense, of haibun, autobiographical poetic prose accompanied by haiku.
– Journey to the Interior, American Versions of Haibun, Edited by Bruce Ross
Now over to you…
- It’s been a month since we began Haibun Wednesday at Go Dog Go Cafe. What have we learned? Haibun is autobiograpic and captures the ordinary moments of life, the prose and haiku are written to stand alone and together create a new piece, can be serious or amusing or a combination of the two. You can also write multiple haiku and they aren’t limited to the end of the prose. This week, let’s write about our goals for the new year. What lead us to this decision, this juncture in our life and what do we want to see happen in 2022?
- Post the poem to your blog, tag Go Dog Go Cafe, and include a link that leads readers back to the Go Dog Go Cafe Haibun Wednesday page.
- Add the link for your poem in the comments below.
- Read one or two of other writer’s links…we all get better together.
Hey y’all, thanks for visiting the Go Dog Go Cafe and reading today’s selection. I am Donna Matthews, a born and bred Texan who can usually be found writing at the DJ Ranch, doodling, taking pictures, and traveling the world on foot. I’m all about love, people, sharing, and exploring life together, and would love to get to know you. Come on over for a visit sometime 💙