I wrote earlier today about personal struggles I am having deciding what to post on Brave and Reckless during these uncertain times (While Rome Burns). My very wise friend Georgiann Carlson at Rethinking Life reminded me that I am known for my writing/creativity prompts and that it would make sense for me to collect and publish writing and art inspired by the pandemic. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that it would be my honor to publish writing and art that allows us to process what we are seeing and feeling and experiencing in our rapidly changing world.
- Send me your writing and/or art (maximum of 3 pieces per submission) created in response to the current pandemic. I will accept pieces previously published on your own blog or elsewhere as long as you retain the rights to the piece.
- I will accept poetry, prose, flash fiction, essay, creative nonfiction or art
- Pieces of writing should be 1,500 words or less
- Send your submission to me by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include:
- your prompt response
- a suggested image (if submitting writing)
- a brief biography
- a link where readers can see more of your writing/artwork
I will publish as many of the pieces as possible.
You are welcome to reblog this invitation
8 thoughts on “Brave and Reckless Call for Submissions – Sharing Our Truths: Finding Connection Through Writing And Art As We Process covid-19”
Yes please and thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Brave and Reckless Call for Submissions – Sharing Our Truths: Finding Connection Through Writing And Art As We Process covid-19 — Go Dog Go Café – Extraordinary Sunshine Weaver
Pingback: Bravery-20, a Writing Prompt Challenge response and a Sharing our Truths response, poetry by Stephen Fuller | Go Dog Go Café
Reblogged this on Megha's World.
Reblogged this on Life and Times of a Quirky Character and commented:
If you’re like me, this pandamic has more than alerted your schedule and routine. So let’s share this experience! Read the guidelines for submitting in the original post!
Reblogged this on Blogger Community and commented:
Want to share your pandemic experience?
Hi! Where will these be published?
still accepting submissions?