You may have noticed that we have been shining up the counters at the Go Dog Go Cafe, debuting some new menu items and adding some new writers to our Barista and Regular Contributor Rosters. It is a new year at the Go Dog Go Cafe and we are really excited about the direction the Cafe is going.
We are committed to the Go Dog Go Cafe’s Mission of providing a warm, inviting and inspiring gathering space for building a healthy and supportive writing community. We will be pairing excellent original writing from our Baristas, Regular Contributors and Guest Baristas with a mix of special features that explore the writing life, including our new feature Ask A Barista, where we will tackle your writing and blogging questions and give feedback on your works in progress.
We are happy to have founding Baristas Steve Fuller and Gina Gallyot back on a regular basis. Their warmth, wisdom, kindness, and encouragement was greatly missed!
We are very excited to introduce our new Baristas and Regular Contributors. These excellent and diverse writers were among the many writers who helped lend a hand over the last couple of months as Guest Baristas and proved themselves thoughtful and responsive community members as well as talented writers.
Please welcome new Baristas:
- December Rose
- Eric/ Believing Sight Unseen – EDC Writing
- Linda/Charmed Chaos
- Megha Sood/Megha’s World – A potpourri of emotions and
- Varnika Jain/Moonlighting Scrivener
Michael Erickson/The Ink Owl has also officially joined the Collective as a Regular Contributor.
We hope to welcome more new Baristas and Regular Contributors to the Cafe in the coming months. Wondering what the job description of a Barista or Regular Contributor at the Cafe looks like?
- Baristas are expected to submit one Special Feature and one to two pieces of original writing OR two to three pieces of original writing a month. Regular Contributors are expected to post one to two pieces a month (a special feature, original writing or a combination)
- They should have a genuine desire to actively participate in the Go Dog Go Community by visiting often, reading and commenting on posts and showing support for patrons and Baristas
- Willingness to provide a Special Feature, assist with the Cafe’s social media efforts (perhaps you are handy with creating memes or killing it on Twitter) and/or provide guidance to writers looking for feedback are highly desirable traits
How to Apply:
Send 3 writing samples (links are acceptable), a brief biography, your pen name (if applicable) and the link to where you publish your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Submissions always welcome.